Sunday, July 22, 2012

Frame Redecorated

I decided to make a gift for my friend Penny, who is a new grandma of a beautiful baby girl, Ariana.  I took that 13 opening frame that I got from Goodwill (which I didn't take a good before shot of) and transform it into a beautiful frame to remember Ariana's 1st year.  The cost was only $1.99 for the frame, and I only used things from my stash.


This shows the frame in the background. Just a plastic scalloped frame.

Supplies:
  • Goodwill frame
  • Modge Podge
  • Exacto Knife
  • Sandpaper block
  • Distress Ink Pumice Stone
  • Anna Griffin Papers (all three coordinated nicely)
  • Ivory cardstock
  • Pen
  • Chipboard butterflies
  • Pretty stickpins
  • Flowers
  • Metal Frame
  • Banner pieces (mine were printed from Gecko Galz B is for Banners collage sheet)
  • Pearls
  • Baker's Twine
  • Rhinestones
I wanted to keep this simple because it will be filled with beautiful pictures of Ariana.  I am entering into the Banners Challenge at Gecko Galz, which is where I printed the banners out from. 

Sorry for the messy background. I really need to set an area to take pictures of my work, something cute with doilies or jars of cute stuff. But I need to clean and organize a space for that first!

Have you found anything wonderful at the local thrift stores??  Leave a comment and let us know!

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!