Saturday, July 14, 2012

Altered Comp Book Challenge

There is a challenge over at Gecko Galz Yahoo Group to alter a composition book.  The challenge ends July 22nd, so plenty of time to enter your work of art!

For this book, I did not cover the black binding.  I plan on using this book a lot that I didn't want it to fall apart from frequent use.  One tip if the black doesn't work for your design, use colored duct tape to match your project. 

Next, I used Modge Podge on the cover and glued patterned paper to it, with about an inch overhang on 3 sides. I then opened the book and wrapped the edges, using more Modge Podge.  Be mindful of the corners.  I cut slits into corners and wrapped it first then did the other edges.  Then, to cover the edges inside, I glued another piece of paper to give it a clean edge.

On the cover, though you can't see it in this light, I used metallic Perfect Pearls on the hinges, mermaid, crown, and shell.  I just love Perfect Pearls!!

This was a lot of fun to do, and I have plans for more, since I will be giving them as gifts this year.  Just have to keep in mind that if there is too much stuff on it, it won't get used.  Simple is best here!


I will be back to leave a detailed list of supplies.  I have to track some of it down.

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!