1) this is the mantel, with a simple banner and poster. The kids did some sticker scenes so I put them up to display.
2) Centerpieces were those plastic cups found at Wal-Mart for 99 cents, filled with paper shreds and skewers with comic words that I printed from the Internet and taped on. I plan on using some to decorate my son's room as well as in the scrapbook I put together.
3) I printed covers of vintage comic books from the Internet and cut them into a banner. I also made some comic word bubbles in MS Word that were printed and cut out. Then I used my Cricut to cut letters from card stock. Punched holes and threaded with string I had in my travel scrapbooking bag.
4) more cups from Wal-mart that I used for utensils.
5) these are masks that I bought in the dollar section at Target last summer.
6) covered one of the sunroom doors with twisted streamers.
7) simple goodie bags filled with stuff from the Target dollar spot. Printed superhero logos and punched out then stuck to bag.
8) my daughter sported a wonder woman shirt and tiara all day.
9) Vanilla cake, two tiers. Ran out of red so top isn't quite what I wanted. Oh well, tasted great.
10) used a superhero placemat on front door with a comic word bubble created in MS Word that says Welcome Heroes!
11) found the idea for the suckers on Pinterest, so I cut foam into cape shapes and added superhero logos then cut masks and glued them on. The holder was a brick of foam, to which I glued black foam buildings. I also used a piece of black foam for the top, and used a pointy bamboo skewer to poke my holes for the suckers.
12) Cake table - I always like to have a well put together table, even if I cannot do much else. Covered our buffet with a yellow table cloth and reused the red table skirt from last year (save those and just use new adhesive). Then used a blue table cloth for backdrop. Added printed word bubbles with kids' names and the banner. A few twisted streamers on sides, decorate the table with plates, napkins, and other stuff. Voila!
13) my son in his mask waiting to blow out candles. Told him he couldn't have cake unless he wore his mask. He took it off immediately afterwards!
14) another mantel shot
15) napkins were double sided so I flipped some to show them off. Got these from birthday express through Amazon along with plates and Mylar balloons and a table cloth.
16) another centerpiece I used on the mantel.
It was a fun party. I think next year will be Wizard of Oz, can't wait!
I am linking this to http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/, for their Easter/Birthdays Challenge.