Friday, April 18, 2014

More Mother's Day Love

Today my friend and fellow Gecko Galz Design Team member, Heather,  posted an awesome tutorial and a link to a free Mother's Day collage sheet that she created for Graphics Fairy. One of the images was already in my files to use since I had visited GF the night before, so it was perfect that Heather had created a coordinated set to use. Her sets are perfect because you get everything you need image-wise to make a beautiful project. Check out her Etsy store HERE.

So with her collage sheet, I was able to make a card and a bookmark, both for my mom this year. I will laminate the bookmark before I send it to her. You never know what bits of glue may be stuck on the front or back of it, so to protect the book, it would be best to seal it.

Mother's Day Card Supplies:

Cream Cardstock - Recollections
Ink - Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy & Black Soot
Background, Image, and words - Heather A. Hudson
Doily - stash
Yellow Crochet Lace - Michael's
Twine - stash
Glitter glue - Studio G
Pearls - Michael's


Love You Bookmark Supplies:

Background, Image of Girl, and Blank Label - Heather A. Hudson
Washi Tape - Scotch
Doily - stash
Sentiment - Stampin' Up
Ink - Brushed Corduroy and Black Soot
Pink Rick Rack - Wright's
Glitter Glue - Studio G


I will be entering the card into Heather's challenge on her blog My Artistic Adventures, as well as the Mother's Day Challenge on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Facebook Group.

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess


6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Jess! You did a great job with Heather's collage sheet! Love both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and bookmark...your mother is going to be very lucky to receive them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love what you did with the free sheet!! I love that trim you used behind your image...great color...which reminds me that I wanted to mention that I love your blog background colors too!!

    Hugs!!
    Thanks for the shout out about my sheet :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!