Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cards for Soldiers

As I was cleaning out my scrap room, I realized I had a TON of cards that I know I will never get around to sending!!  I tried to sell them at my sale, but there were so many that didn't get purchased!  So, being a military wife, I thought I should send these to the troops in the Middle East.  There is a great website, Operation Write Home that collects the cards and sends them out. 

Is there anyone else interested in sending some cards to the troops?  I think we should collect general occasions cards and Father's Day cards.  The website needs Father's Day cards by May 15th so send them to me by May 1st.  I will do a count of the cards and send everyone a little treat in exchange for your goodwill.

If you are on board, here is what we need:
  • General Occasion and Father's Day Cards
  • Any Holiday cards after Father's Day
  • No glitter (can get on the troops and make them visible at night)
  • 4.25" x 5.5" size only
  • Line dark cards with white for easier writing
  • Send them to me by May 1st.
Please leave a comment on here if you plan on participating.  That way I can get an idea of how many to expect.  I will send you my address through e-mail.

I will also post a gallery on the Tallyscrapper website in the Cards area.  

Happy Cardmaking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!