Thursday, January 10, 2013

January Sample for Gecko Galz

I have officially started my term on the Gecko Galz Design Team!! Yea! The images this month were awesome, it was hard to choose from.  I have more samples coming, but this one I made as a late Christmas present for my Mother-in-Law, since she just moved in with us and is decorating her room.


Here is the supplies list:

Frame - Ross
Black Cardstock from stash
Gecko Galz Image from Between the Lines Collection
Foam dot adhesive
Photo corners from stash
Red Glitter Glue from Studio G
Red Ruffle Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
Chipboard Fleur de Lis from stash
Tarnished Gold Perfect Pearls
Black Marker
Perfect Pearls Medium
Black Staz On Ink
Stampin' Up Alphabet
Vellum from stash

I loved the mannequins in this Gecko Galz image but needed the butterflies to be red, to match my mother-in-law's new bedroom in our house, so I covered them with glitter glue. While this was drying I discovered that the glass for this frame was glued in, so I slipped a piece of black cardstock in front of the glass, slipping it under the edges so it would stay. This is what I built my design onto. It can be removed from frame in the future if need be.

I fussy cut another short mannequin and used foam dots to raise it above the original image to give a 3D look, after I adhered the ribbon. Glue on the photo corners. Stamp with Staz On onto the vellum. Cut out and adhere. Cover fleur de lis with black ink. Dry. Rub Perfect Pearls Medium onto it and then sprinkle with Perfect Pearls powder, brushing off excess. Spray with a water mister to set the powder into place. Glue to the raised mannequin.

I hope you have enjoyed my first DT project!  Be sure to check out the other new images this month at Gecko Galz, and stop by my Gallery page to see more of my work!

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Jess this is really stunning - the image really suits the frame and I love the black/red/white theme!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, Thanks for your sweet comment, you too have wonderful paper crafts, I am now your newest follower!
    Happy New Year, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea and that frame really sets it off

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!