Monday, September 24, 2012

Swaps keeping me busy!

I have been working on two swaps for a Yahoo Group I am a part of, a September Surprise for one person and a Fall/Halloween swap for 11 people.

My surprise swap could be any theme/occasion and my person likes brighter colors. When I saw the butterflies from Gecko Galz, I knew I had to use them. Also, the doily dress was something I have been wanting to try for a while.

Supplies: will add them later

For the Fall/Halloween swap, I knew I had to make 11 of them so I needed supplies that I had in large quantity, like beads, spools, ribbon, and flowers; rubber stamps; printed images from Gecko Galz, paint and inks. Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite author, has been since I was 10, reading his stories in 5th grade. He is also very popular right now for Halloween artwork so I had to use him in a shrine/shadow box made from a mini cereal box. I want to make ones for the authors of Dracula and Frankenstein so I can have a nice literary trio. I am such a nerdy librarian!

Supplies: will add soon

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess

1 comment:

  1. I love the cereal shadow box. I love Poe. This is one awesome creation. The swap piece is gorgeous and I can't believe you made 11 of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!