Friday, February 1, 2013

Loads of Love

Lately I have been all shabby chic, all the time.  But I wanted to get back to basics, make a clean and simple Valentine card.  I pulled out my Loads of Love stamps from Stampin' Up, which I bought 2nd hand from a former consultant.  I have always wanted this set but it was down on my wish list so I never got to it.  I thought it would be great to bring this set back by using it in a more trendy way than before.



I used a white card, stamped the truck in black, stamped the hearts in red, stamped some extra hearts to cut out, used some glitter glue on one heart, then tied some twine around it.  Voila! I love the simplicity of this card.  I can't wait to play with this set some more, finding new ways to make it current.  Are there any old stamp sets you would like to revive?

Supplies:

White cardstock - stash
Black Ink - Distress Ink Black Soot
Red Ink - Distress Ink Fired Brick
Glitter Glue - Studio G
Black and White twine - from stash

Linking up to these challenges:

The Pink Elephant - Hearts TPE184
Paper Issues Fawning Over You
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Go Red/Hearts

Enjoy!

Happy Scrappy Savings!

Jess

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to meet you Jess. Thanks for signing up to be a part of Celebrate Oz - aLteREd oZ 2013. I can hardly wait to see what fun you will add to the celebration. I have you on my side bar now and it's isn't long until we all get to follow the yellow brick road. Over the rainbow, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card...thanks for joining Brown Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess..
    I love this card. So sweet and simple.. Good luck from Brown Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute,nice and simple. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome CAS card! The twine is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!