Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Burlap Wreath with Felt Flowers

So I finally made a burlap wreath while pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were cooling. I had bought a couple of small foam wreaths from the Target dollar spot last month or so. Now I wish I had gotten more! I got the burlap from JoAnn Fabrics while I was in FL. I don't know if I can find any here in Hawaii. I think I might call the local fabric store and ask. The cost was $3.99 per yard, and I used 1/4 yard for this.

I cut several strips of burlap. Beware of the hairy mess it can make on your clothes as you wrap the wreath. It can be prickly through them. I used pins to secure the burlap as I wrapped it. Don't use hot glue directly on foam wreaths. It will melt.

I decided to make felt flowers because I had plenty of felt from various kid crafts. I cut a small circle, several flower shapes, folded the flowers into quarters, snipped the point, and glued them on the circle. Once I made 3 flowers, I hot glued them to the wreath. I plan on tying a ribbon on top and hanging it up in my kitchen.

Total cost was less than $5.00. Awesome!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!