Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Getting Crafty Again

Thanks to my friend Barbara, who introduced me to Gecko Galz, I have been getting crafty again. Gecko Galz has some wonderful products and ideas, along with an awesome challenge group on Yahoo. If you get a chance, check it out.


Gecko Galz Website
Gecko Galz Yahoo Group

Here are some things I have made for challenges:

 This military collage was done in honor of my nephew who just completed USMC boot camp last month. The silhouette is of him. I used a book page, matted it on black cardstock. The top fan is a cupcake liner. The labels are Making Memories. I used Perfect Pearls on the stars. I love how it turned out.



 This is one of my favorites from this weekend. It is a library catelog card, printed from online. I stamped with 4 different stamps, the netting, the compass, the zig zags, and the writing. I inked it all with Nick Bantok ink, used a mermaid image from Graphics Fairy, a fish charm, a shell from Graphic 45, and some letters. Love how it turned out. Plan on doing a whole series of library catalog cards.



 This one is for a Pretty Plaque challenge, where I made a door plaque for my daughter's room. I used an inexpensive wood plaque from Wal-Mart, painted it with a glaze from Making Memories, added pearls around the edges, along with some lace. The letters were inked brown then I used Perfect Pearls over them to tone down the brown and to give it shine. I made a paper flower using my Cricut, added a couple of store flowers and some fancy pins. Hung it with more lace and VOILA! I just love it!





This is an altered canvas, my first. There is room for improvement, but not bad for a 1st try. I covered the canvas with some Distress stain, stamped lightly with some Nick Bantok ink. Printed a map of Scotland and distressed it. Made a faux wax seal with purple embossing powder. Cut out thistles from some clipart. Added some crowns, buttons, and a bit of doodling (a mistake but oh well). Coated it with Modge Podge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Happy Scrappy Savings!